Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I have unsuccessful birthday parties and new friends with weird names.

In the house where I grew up, my mom sliced a few pepperoni pizza Hot Pockets into small squares. She also filled several glasses with ice and water. And we both thought -- until the guests started arriving -- that the spread was good and enough for my birthday party.

We ran out of Hot Pocket squares almost immediately and all the ice in the water melted in an instant. I also didn't know several of the guests who showed up, though I was really excited to meet a pair of Asian-American brothers who parked a tan Ford Explorer on the front lawn. When the guys came into the house, we introduced ourselves.

"I'm Arleen," I told them.

Then, they told me their names: Bimbo and Boob.

Then, I woke up.

- - - -

Had this dream last night. Double you tee eff?

No comments:

Post a Comment