Friday, October 22, 2010

Get ready.

While I walked the hall, my shoes clicked on the off-white terazzo floors and echoed off the cream colored walls. The lights were so bright there weren't shadows. My dad, my brother and I turned to the right, where a crowd of empty chairs in an otherwise empty room waited for us. We sat on three in the front row and faced a burlap curtain that covered a wall.

The curtain opened, exposing a window almost the size of the wall it interrupted, and revealed the outside: the surface of the moon. And there, in space suits, stood my mom and an otherwise anonymous Jamaican man.

Then, I woke up.

It was morning, sometime in 1988. I was hysterical (You know you'd cry if you were three and your mom were on the moon!) until my mom reminded me: it was just a dream. That, friends, was just the beginning. Because in all the years since, I've had the strangest, most vivid and unforgettable dreams that I've decided it's time to share with the world via this blog.

Get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment