Friday, October 29, 2010

I rub elbows with celebrities.

Once, in college, my mom, my friend Kim and I went to a screening of and lecture about a movie version of Les Miserables.

We sat down in a small classroom that had movie theater-style seating. At the front of the room, there was a TV and a table at which the lecture's special guests -- the movie's cast -- sat. Among them? Whoopi Goldberg, Bette Midler, Whitney Houston and a girl named Danielle who was in my class in first grade.

As soon as the movie ended, I went to the bathroom. Upon my return, I found my mom sitting with with Whitney Houston. I told her how much I loved her tapes when I was a little kid.

Then, I woke up.

- - - -

I originally documented this dream upon waking up on July 10, 2007. I have never seen Les Miserables.

No comments:

Post a Comment