Friday, October 22, 2010

I have psychic powers.

My dad and I took an early morning walk while the sky was still dark. As we walked, we passed a bus stop where the chief of police and an old schoolmate of mine -- we'll call him Rory -- stood among others, waiting for the bus.

Suddenly, psychic powers overcame me. I knew something that I shouldn't and I had to share. So I leaned toward my dad and whispered: "Dad," I said. "Rory is wearing tighty white-ies!"

I expected him to laugh. Instead, my dad looked to the crowd at the corner and did the unthinkable.

"HEY RORY!"

With a red face, and possibly in slow motion, I lunged toward my dad. "Nooooo," I said.

Too late. I couldn't hear what he said, but my dad said something to Rory. Then, Rory came up to me.

"Yeah, yeah," he said. "I know, I know. I need new underwear."

Then, I woke up.

- - - -

I originally documented this dream on July 6, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment